Happiest of holidays to you all. I just wanted to hop in here and write a bit of an explanation as to the future of baconandlegs.com. It’s been a little over a month since I’ve posted a recipe. I’ve made a couple, but have not posted them. I have a few reasons and I wanted to talk them out with my readers… cause I love you guys.
- I’m a bit burnt out. As I’m sure you can all relate, I have a busy life. This website is my passion and my happiness, but it isn’t my job. My job is going really well right now, but unfortunately, that means that I don’t have a lot of focus or time for the site. I hope to get things smoothed out and be able to devote more time to fun pop culture recipes and lots of snark VERY soon.
- Ever since the presidential election (I’m in the U.S.), I haven’t been quite myself. I’m disheartened by the realities that have smacked us in the face and I want to spend what little free time I have helping make my country a better place to be. One of the ways I’m doing this, if you’re interested, is by making beaded solidarity pins and donating the money I make to the Anti-Defamation League. I’m a big advocate of equal rights and I can’t believe that in this day-in-age that I even need to make that proclamation. Anyway, the Etsy shop is called Bleed Red, you should check it out.
- Lastly, I spend so much time writing for the website and talking with everyone on Twitter and Instagram (hi, friends! love you!) that I haven’t been connecting enough with real life. I need some time to figure out that balance. Again, I’m sure you can all relate. Putting down the phone and experiencing life a bit more.
In the meantime, you can check out my past holiday recipes. I’ve done quite a few! Here are some of my favorites:
- Gingerbraid (Gingerbread Challah)
- Deluxe Peppermint Mocha Porter Cupcakes
- Buddy the Elf’s Maple Ricotta Pasta Bake (with Crushed Pop Tart Topping)
- Snow Bunnies
- Show Me How The Piggies Eat (Meatloaf, Meatloaf, Double Beetloaf)
- Classic Buckeyes
I’ll be back and I’ll be back with vigor! Just you wait. Thanks for your patience and I love all of you.